The Adventurer has a fully enclosed head cover with mosquito netting giving you the option to protect yourself from insects and bad weather. Alternatively, leave the hood open for a night sleeping at one with nature, under a canopy of stars.
The slightly tapered design gives space where you most need it with huge amounts of leg room for comfort and yet is efficient in its use of canvas resulting in a light weight and smaller rolled size.
The beauty is in its simplicity. When you reach camp, simply unroll your bedroll and be ready for sleep within 2 minutes. In the morning, simply roll your bedroll back up and be ready to go within 2 minutes. No tarp, no ground sheet and no guy ropes. Just your bedroll and a single aluminium shock corded pre-curved pole.
Pole system is simple to use and effective. Leave it open to watch the stars, and just pull the canopy up and over to close up the self-supporting structure – no guy ropes required.
The Hammock system in use – extremely comfortable and easy to rig up – this provides a very stable and almost lay-flat hammock, with cover and insulation. Cut your own simple poles, attach a rope (not provided) and rig to trees or a vehicle.
The thick canvas base means this is an all-canvas bedroll.
Your bedding can even be left within bedroll as the extended nylon webbing straps (supplied) will be long enough to secure the entire roll.
- Fly mesh mosquito netting in fully enclosing hood
- Tapered design to shed rain
- Compact rolled size (rolls up to approx 60cm wide x 20 cm diameter)
- Weight: circa 4kg (canvas weight can slightly vary from roll to roll.)
- External Dimensions: 220cm Length; Width 100cm at widest point; tapered to 50cm at the foot end; pole height 55cm
- Vinyl backed waterproof zips
- Highest quality 12oz military-grade British canvas (52% polyester / 48% cotton)
- Robust, breathable, non deforming, water and rot resistant
- Military-grade aluminium shock corded pre-curved pole with adjustable height alloy fittings
- Suitable for use around a campfire (flame retardant)
- Wind resistant, highly insulating
- Pillow pocket for comfort and safe storage of jacket, keys, torch etc.
- Integrated hammock pole sleeves
- Extra height at the foot end
- Dome shape to shed rain
- Suitable for a variety of mattress types, or none
- Includes standard black nylon bedroll carry straps, with side-release buckles
- Available in Sand Khaki or Olive Green colour
IN THE RAIN
IN THE NEWS
Camp Like Clarkson
Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond used our bedrolls in Top Gear Australia.
Prince Harry: “I’ve come all the way to Africa to be free…”
Prince is quoted as insisting on sleeping under the African sky rather than in a tent, saying: “I’ve come all the way to Africa to be free. I’m taking my bedroll and I’m sleeping by the fire.”.
SOME OF THE ACTIVITIES OUR CUSTOMERS HAVE USED THEIR BEDROLL FOR
- Bushcrafters wanting to enjoy a night out in the woods close to nature.
- Bikers camping at race meets and biking festivals around Europe.
- A deerstalker, for staying out all night and staying mobile on shoots.
- A carpenter, working on timber buildings in the South of France and staying on site – the canvas bedroll helps keep the sawdust and other debris out while the house is under construction and can be thrown in the back of the van to move on when the job is complete.
- A woodsman working in the Bavarian Mountain Forests enabling him to stay up in the mountains for days at a time before returning into the valleys.
- Customers have bought them for canoe camping.
- For sea-kayaking, stopping to camp on remote beaches.
- For overnight car camping.
- For motorbike touring.
- For Wild Camping in the mountains.
- 4×4 trips, camping in the forest next to the vehicle.
- For an overland trip by Land Rover across Africa with the swags stowed in the 4×4.
- Birdwatchers staying out overnight discreetly in wild locations to spot migrating birds and dawn/dusk activity.
- Cyclists travelling across Europe wanting to be able to stop and camp anywhere along an unplanned route.
- A group camp needed a set of bedrolls to give their visitors the ultimate wild camp experience. The tough bedrolls will last repeated use, can be stored away easily and can offer people a really special outdoors experience, so they are perfect for bushcraft courses, outward bounds, scout groups, adventure tours etc.